Sunday, July 22, 2007

Defending my right to download

Defending my right to download what ever the fuck I want......


It is true that you can use your ears to hear anything you want for free. If you happen to be walking by the street and you hear a TV show, that is free. If you hear your comadre neighbor talking about how she killed her husband yesterday, that is also free.

It is also true that if you are walking down the street and see something with your eyes, like a picture of Jebus or Alak or Jud-ass or the face of a very pretty lady, that is free of charge. If you go to a Government facility and look at something like the wall or a piece of paper with some secret on it, it is also free.

The same for touching. If you find a rock on the street, you can keep it. If you find a set of keys a wallet or a pen drive, it is also free. It is on the stree and unless you want to find the owner and give the rock back, you can keep the thing. to the owner, it has been released in to the wild. It is no longer of his or her possession.

What I am writing right now needs no GPL gnu public license or copy right. I am not selling this and I actually want people to read and be angry at the same things "paramount pictures". I know that once I release this note to the public, there will be a thousand copies in several servers and people may even read it.

Give those things. If I was a movie studio, I would not let my multi million dollar film be put on a pen drive in the street. But If I did, and someone took it, then several things could happen. Two of those would be :1 the guy watches the movie and gives it to a friend or not depending on weather he liked it. :2 the guy was looking for a reel thingy and so he took the film off and made fire with it while he made something with the reel part of the movie. Ahh Pen Drive. Say the guy wanted linux on a USB disk and this drive was like 4 gigs.

If the guy had declared himself a "non-market" that means that Paramount would not be able to sell this item to him anyway. So if he saw and like or did not like the movie, has no grounds to apply a charge. Once it is on the street, paramount can kiss their money good bye.

Now, you would think that if I made movies and didn't want people to make copies of them and release them before they are on the theater, I would have lots of security on them. Encrypted Pen Drive for example. Of course, if the guy can un encrypt it, then that is it, he can watch the movie. There should be no retaliation. I would not be hurting your business since I declared my self a "non-market". Well if anyone is reading this, they would get the idea. Non marketness creates a hole in their strategy. I would not buy a new car, but if someone were to leave it in front of my house and have the title on my name along with the keys, I would take it. But if I declared my self a non-market to new cars, then the maker of the car did not loose a costumer. They lost man hours and material to make this vehicle that someone gave me free of charge. That someone probably would have paid for it anyway.

How is a car different than a movie. Cars are things you can touch. People work on every single one that comes out of the company. Imagine that the car companies could make one car and then duplicate it through some sort of portal. Then they could fire everyone whenever they pleased. Hey I'm the owner of dizzny, I can keep selling the same shit at least 6 billion times for about that much in dollars total. But imagine that suddenly some guy invented a replicator of his own. He bought a car of his own and made copies to give out for free to anyone. The auto makers would be truly pissed and start suing the guy. But this sort of thing, the intelligent recombination of matter is not possible and probably not even plausible. So the car makers are safe like that. china makes copies by hand and sells the parts and vehicles. Read that again, because it is true. But you know what? I don't care, would buy a "fake" if it was cheaper and did the same. Because a fake of a car part is some sort of retarded thing to say. Ford should make smaller more fuel efficient like everyone else instead of complaining about everyone else having it better.

The same thing does not apply to a movie. I don't think you should be free to copy a movie and then sell the copies. You could probably copy it and sell the one copy you bought. That would essentially be doing the same thing as downloading. You have a crave for a movie and you find a movie and you watch the movie. The movie studio gets its fare share. 15 bucks for a DVD! fuck that. 11 bucks for a theater showing? once in a while. I cannot copy the ambiance of a movie theater, but I can sure as hell copy a dvd and I can also machine a part for my car. In any case, the movie studio gets lots and lots of money. A lot more than it is needed to make another film. Can you say the same for a car. Can the auto makers make a profit on a car series even when there are cars on the street for free??? no probably no. So the movie studios are at an unfair advantage over other types of money making ventures.

But these people are essentially living off of the artists who make the movies. If the actors and technical people got together on vacation and made a movie, they would probably make a ton more copies by releasing it on the Internet. They would probably make the same amount of money by giving it out for free as advertising to see the film on theaters. Cut the fat out.

Then there is the time and the free movies. If there are no venues to see free things like this post because it is too difficult to do so, then there would be no post. I would give the finger to any blogging thing that was more difficult than sending an email. Same with movies, if you can't distribute a free movie, no one would see it.

What about time. Time is of the escense. my two fucking free days are mostly spent at home mostly on my computer. I don't generally like other people. But these two days are precious to me. I'm not going to a theater to watch a new movie, but I will find wasting them on the couch watching an old movie, well worth it.

my grammar is sure great. this is how you leave a work piece unfinis

No comments: